07-07-2016, 11:01 AM   #110
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
I just saw the video....2 cops had him pinned down. You can see in the video his left hand is pinned under the cops leg. That leaves one arm open that we cant see. Theres another video from a diffrent angle showing his shoulders, which dont move. Now that doesnt mean he wasnt reaching with the other hand for a gun, but im pretty sure they could have restrained his other hand fairly easy as he was also tasered. Now im not taking sides, and im neither black or white but weve all seen videos of black and white people being shot by cops, the only reason its such a big hype right now for the black being shot is because the media knows there gonna make the most money with them. Anyway, the way i look at it is yes, they could have handled this better, he did not need to be shot and definatly not 7 times. But if it was my job to arrest people and i thought there was even a slight chance of them touch a trigger of a gun thats near me im putting them down. Do you wait for the guy whos breaking into your house with a gun to shoot first? Lets also take into account he was illegally carrying a firearm.
I can't say I saw anything really. But I do know this, he was absolutely 1000% wrong to resist, that already raises red flags to officers. That's the first issue.
Controlling a person's arm in a life or death situation(not sure if was but could be, especially to the cop that also wants to go home to his kiddos) is extremely difficult by one or even two people, and in most cases impossible in particular during weird angles like on the ground, off balance, etc....was that hand reaching? was he complying? and in the end he did have a gun. That's the second issue.
However, shooting the guy six or seven times is definitely questionable.

These videos that show "the moment of truth" always leave me inconclusive. There was a video some time back showing an officer shooting and "unarmed" latino male with his hands seemingly up. What it didn't show was the previous five minutes where this dude refused arrest, was tasered, got into a scuffle with an officer ultimately picking up a rock and opening an officers skull leaving him on the ground bleeding semi-conscious. And as he ran continued to pick up objects and hurl them at chasing officers, before he was shot he was threatening to throw another said rock, which he dropped right before being shot. The video just showed him standing there as if surrendering. The shooting was justified.

As for someone coming into your home, that's completely out of context, 100%. Common sense, criminal broke into your house, you have rights, a lot more inside your home. Too much to discuss and would derail the thread into a different argument, but it doesn't apply in relation to this.
Appreciate 1