View Single Post
      04-13-2016, 12:35 PM   #61
delsnermms
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifletch View Post
Chestnut Bronze looks great. I had saw some pictures of it and had second thoughts on my choice very unique. But the Atlantic Grey changes a lot depending on the weather. It can look grey one minute and look very bluish another. I suspect that most X1s in the GTA will be black or white. Seems like the most popular colours here.

Only thing I didn't add was the sport package. I couldn't live with runflats so I had to pass on the sport package. In the five years I had my Tiguan I had 3 flat tires and got them plugged each time. Having the spare time is comforting. Not sure I'd want the 19" wheels driving in the GTA. Paddle shifters and sport steering wheel might have been fun. Although everyone I know that has paddle shifters say they never use them. There are so many bells and whistles on my configuration I've barely played with any of them.

I do love the HUD but will need to get new sunglasses. My sunglasses are polarized and the HUD disappears. Which is mentioned in the manual.
Same for me. I really like the pattern of the 18" wheels and for our roads the 18's will provide a much better ride, especially without the RFTs. And you're right - a $20 patch or a $300 new tire for a nail. BTW, you don't get the sport steering wheel with the 19" wheel package. Just the paddle shifters. You have to order the M-sport package to get the different wheel. I have paddle shifters in my other car and never use them. I think they're more of a novelty than anything else.
Appreciate 0