View Single Post
      12-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #5
Ando88
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Hi A'PEXi,

this is where I was looking at for the parts. Just curious if anyone has done this and the results. Thanks for the info.

Regards
Ando

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'PEXi View Post
Found the perfect summary on Tunermotorsport -

F22 and F30/F32 owners looking for more front camber should look at these M3/M4 front control arms (BMW calls them wishbones, part numbers 31122284529 and 31122284530). These are longer than the stock arms for a bolt-in negative camber increase of 1.0 degree. With camber being so important to handling improvements these are a must-have upgrade. They are a direct bolt-in replacement for the stock F22/F3X wishbones.

One of the other improvements in the M3/M4 design is the inner bushing. Instead of the rubber bushing that wears prematurely and deflects under load, these use a sealed steel bearing that is much more precise than rubber or urethane. The bearing allows complete freedom of motion without deflecting or twisting in undesired directions. But it's not a fully solid bearing so there is no compromises in ride quality. There's almost zero rubber too so the M3/M4 control arms will last much longer than a rubber part.

These are a direct fit to the F22 228/M235 and F3X 320i/328i/335i/428i/435i RWD models only (not AWD). An alignment should be done after the install. If the car has factory xenon headlights you will need the M3/M4 headlight leveling rod and bracket to replace your stock bracket (you can re-use your leveling sensor on the new bracket).
Appreciate 0