04-27-2015, 09:53 PM   #15
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfordbay View Post
I have to agree with moldcad. I've had the same discomfort after an hour or two on the road and find I have to stop more often on long trips than in any car I've had to ease the pain. And I do mean pain. I'm only 5'7" 185 and 35 years old. Not sure why it gets so uncomfortable. The only thing that helps a little is cruise control and alternating the seating position every 20 minutes. But even that is not enough.

Maybe we are both sitting wrong? Any sitting tips?
I have not had long drive pain or issues, but I also have not gone over 2 hours at single time so far. I guess if I get the chance to drive the PCH this fall (bucket list), I will find out. We are almost the same ht/wt and I have the same issue - my left foot does not naturally fall to the dead pedal location.

Again, its not uncomfortable, I just shift after getting in to get my left foot solid on the dead pedal and then I am fine. But maybe I do shift in my seat more than normal. Like VH said, I will probably notice more often now :P