03-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #100
jasonheaddinG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
You don't understand how cars are built. Like I keep telling you, the i3 and i8 are not like regular cars and don't have painted sheet metals as far as I know. The body panels (which are plastic or whatever material) are just attached to the body. Therefore, the body panels are pre-painted at another location. So whether you can do an i8 in Individual or not has nothing to do with the M2.

The other cars in the plant, that do have painted sheet metal, such as the X1, active tourer and 2 series do go through the standard process. But like I said, the demand must be pretty dang low for these cars.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.
this doesn't have much to do with how cars are built imo, it has more to do with marketing.

what would the response be to an average consumer that walks through the door asking for his/her i8 to be painted in a color other than those that are standard? I bet I know what it would be...

regarding the how many people want the indi? I don't really care anymore, they are going to do what they want. they aren't targeting me as a customer so if I don't like it I can take my money elsewhere. I can quantify "a lot" just about as well as you can a "drop in the bucket". it would be an automatic choice I am sure for me but again, it is what it is
Appreciate 0