BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Occassional Rattles

09-02-2016, 04:25 AM   #1
Les Paul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D Xline Auto

Occassional Rattles

Some may remember I've posted before about an intermitment rattle from top of dash near centre speaker. On a couple of long drives this has occured a few times even on super smooth motorways and it is really annoying because otherwise the car is pretty quiet. (except when the HK Stereo is blasting). The annoying thing is that on other drives it doesn't rattle at all, even off road or on coarse chipped surfaces.

Finaly decided to take it into the dealers.

So far they have been responsive - early investigation showed missing clips near passenger air vent and these have been fitted. Mine must have been one of the first produced so I guess that's always a risk.

They now want the car back to fully strip the dash. So whlist that makes me a bit nervous I have to say they are taking it seriuosly so top marks to them.

Loaner will be an M Sport, so interesting to see the difference.

Otherwise really, really happy with the car after nearly a year of ownership.
Ironicaly I am sure the tyre noise is much reduced from new (10K miles) or perhaps I'm just a bit older and more deaf.

Last edited by Les Paul; 09-02-2016 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 05:03 AM   #2
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Or there is less tread so the tyres don't move about as much on the blocks hence the reduced noise

Sounds like they are looking after you well enough. Nice to have a dealer willing to protect their customer investment . Good luck with getting it sorted, OP & interested to hear what you think about the MSport as mine is only 4 weeks or so away now.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 10:39 AM   #3
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

RE tyre noise, I think it's just that we're now used to it. I don't notice it as much as I did in the first couple of weeks/months. It becomes the norm quite quickly.

RE rattle, I have the standard speakers, so nothing behind the iDrive display. The only small rattle I had was a caused by a missing parcel shelf clip. 5K miles after one year and there's been no other rattles. Glad they're taking it seriously and are working to fix yours.
Appreciate 0