BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Any X1 owner tried an F Pace yet?

08-07-2016, 06:39 AM   #1
Bluezed
Bluezed
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 25d xLine MG

Any X1 owner tried an F Pace yet?

I was wondering if any X1 owner had been in or driven a Jaguar F-Pace yet?
I know it's not a direct size comparison but as an X1 owner and fan I would be interested in other X1 owners opinions.
Reason for asking is that although I really like my X1, my rear seat passengers have complained about it being uncomfortable in the back
Admittedly it was on a drive back from York which took nearly 8 hours but I have heard 'mumblings' on shorter trips. I have never travelled in the back so can't really comment.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 09:17 AM   #2
Pristineship
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 X line sDrive 20i

I did not drive F Pace but I sat in the back and I think it is even less comfortable than X1.

X1 being basically an MPV in SUV clothes is actually rather good on the rear seat comfort unlike the direct competitors, and many cars class above.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #3
DARKMTTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Competition & '18 X1

Garage List
Actually just drove one today. It offers a more sporty driving experience but lacks in a number of areas such as comfort, control design (oddly placed controls and buttons) and build quality (plastic side moulding was already loose and coming off). I can confidently say I'm happy with the purchase of my X1 and know it will be more reliable than the Jag down the road
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 06:28 AM   #4
Phaeton
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
I browsed our local Jaguar dealer looking at them, but the price was beyond my budget. The only reason I wound up getting the X1 was ultimately the value (US$35k)

The F Pace is sharp, but I also found the X1 had more room.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #5
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Not an X1 owner but did recently have a test drive of a F Pace 3.0d as a possible replacement of our 2011 X3 30d. Despite all the hype surrounding the F Pace - came away not that impressed. Its a little bigger than the X3 (longer and wider but lower) and while the ride was very comfortable and very quiet didn't feel it justified the price premium over the X3. Here in Australia the F Pace is expensive and poorly optioned and costs around AU$20k more than a simply equipped X3 (comparing 6-cylinder diesels) and closer to AU$30k more costly given the current reduced prices for X3 (which are effectively in run-out mode ahead of the new X3 next year).

Compared with the X1 I would say these differences are of course even more pronounced. If you don't need the space, for the money, the X1 is a far better proposition than an F Pace.

Tony
Appreciate 0