BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Avin 12.3" Multimedia Navigation System SIM card issue

03-27-2024, 01:23 PM   #1
jercha3541
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Avin 12.3" Multimedia Navigation System SIM card issue

I recently installed the Avin 12.3" Multimedia Navigation System for BMW X1 Series F48, Evo model and I am experiencing a strange issue with the T-Mobile SIM card. The Android screen shows 4G service and I have the Internet service when SIM card is first inserted. Internet works for about 30 minutes and then the status changes to SIM card not detected, and the Internet Service is gone. Only conclusion I could draw from this is that Android Auto mode is some how causing the SIM to fail. When SIM is detected and working, the Android menu shows that phone bluetooth connection is "Blocked". When the Android Auto engages after about 30 minutes, phone bluethooth is connected. After that Android doesn't see the SIM card it used previously. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 05:46 PM   #2
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

why wouldnt you go to avin support if you just installed it?

let them figure out the problem. the unit is trash - not sure why people go that route but each to their own.
Appreciate 0