BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) bc button and SOS call failure

12-09-2023, 10:35 AM   #1
Berty
Lee B
Rep
Drives: Bmw x2

bc button and SOS call failure

Hi guys

I need a new tcb battery as I have the sos error on the dashboard. This has been confirmed at the garage.
I also have a faulty bc button. It won't scroll through the trip details.
After a 2 hr drive yesterday. My sos error had dissappear this morning, and my bc button was working again.
After a few miles and a stop.. ignition off. Upon restart, the emergency sos error was back

And my bc button had stopped working again.

Is it normal for the bc button to stop working when the sos call battery needs replacing.

Cheers guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 03:37 PM   #2
Berty
Lee B
Rep

Can anyone please at least confirm the telematic battery is indeed in the headliner under the sharkfin antenna.
Any info... or pointers to a video showing an x 2 having the battery replaced would be great

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 04:13 PM   #3
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Yes, search SOS error and you'll find the threads.. almost everyone has gotten it replaced under warranty. Others have simply just coded out the SOS because frankly.. never had anyone ever use it anyways.

And yes it's under there and under the headliner, which is really not easy to access. Not sure if this causes your BC stalk to not work though.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 01:54 AM   #4
Berty
Lee B
Rep

Battery

Thanks, ive searched and cant find much at all??

My car is 2018 so it out or warranty..

i had a long drive the other day, circa 2 hrs. It must have put a small amount of life back in the battery as the sos warning disappeared for a short while. While i had no sos warning, the bc button worked fine. As soon as the sos error came back, the button stopped working.
Im using that as my basis they must be related.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2023, 04:26 PM   #5
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

I don't know how to link the results but again.. just type in BMW SOS.

Yes when the error comes on it disables the BC button.

Those threads describe the coding lines to code it out.. or again, confirm that it is under the headliner under the shark fin which is labor intensive to replace.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 10:57 AM   #6
jehill
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2

Coding out the SOS error with Bimmercode makes the BC button work again. See my post or a couple of others. Funny that my BMW dealer had no clue about the BC button not working or that it was caused by the SOS error. But I'm sure that they would have gladly charged me more $ to diagnose their problem
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 07:38 AM   #7
Berty
Lee B
Rep

Hi guys, ive had the battery replaced at my local garage. The error message is still present after the battery has been changed. The local garage has used his obd reader and its not showing any faults, so i assume its probably not a BMW compatible unit.
Should the error message reset automatically after the battery replacement, or does it need clearing.
If it needs clearing, is this a simple process with the correct reader / software... would i need bimmerlink, or bimmercode.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 02:21 PM   #8
jehill
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2

SOS error codes

From my limited experience, if the garage didn't clear the errors (in my case there were 3) you should be able to confirm and clear the errors with Bimmerlink. If that doesn't work, you can recode with Bimmercode as described in other posts.

Attaching screenprint of codes from a different app but I think Bimmerlink will do the same thing
Attached Images

Last edited by jehill; 01-17-2024 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: Add attachment
Appreciate 0