BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) HELP - X1 F48 Not responding after I-Level Update

12-27-2023, 12:11 AM   #1
judiobava
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series (F40)

HELP - X1 F48 Not responding after I-Level Update

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for some urgent help. Maybe someone can give me an idea of what could be happening or help me remotely.

I try to do an I-level update to a X1 F48 with Ista but it showed a lot of errors while doing it. After finished, the car is not working. Some things work fine like mirrors and external lights, but the engine and idrive won't turn on.

I tried to connect again to Ista but i'm having some errors as well. First is that Ista is not detecting the VIN so i have to manually put it.

Them it appears to detect the vehicle but when running the vehicle tests, it shows the following message: "Switch off the ignition or deactivate PAD and insert the drivers seat belt into seat belt bucle". I try to follow those steps but nothing happens so i have to click cancel in Ista.

Them Ista shows: The fault memory was checked for SAE fault codes. Further diagnosis communication with engine control unit is possible only after a terminal change. I carry out the steps that are shown in Ista and nothing happens either.

And the last message that is shown in Ista is: "The integration levels of the vehicle could not be determined. Further order processing with programming is therefore not possible".

Does anyone has experience something similiar and knows what i could do?

*Attached there's a PDF with all the messages that Ista shows when running the vehicle tests.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf X1 - F48.pdf (285.6 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by judiobava; 12-27-2023 at 12:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 02:19 AM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Let the car sleep for while and check again. Did the ISTA update fail?
Appreciate 0