BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Secure Vehicle Against Rolling Error

03-07-2024, 03:09 PM   #89
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Well there are 9 groups and every group consists of 8 bytes. 8 bytes can hold 64 zeroes and ones.
1 being show the error on the cluster, 0 suppres the error.

Group 9 thus holds value 513 till 576.
(Group 1: 1- 64, group 2: 65-128, group 3: 129-192, group 4: 193 - 256, group 5 257 - 320, group 6: 321-384, group 7: 385 - 448, group 8: 449 - 512, group 9: 513 - 576, group 10: 577 - 640)

The ohne_533 turns off the 533 error. The calculation can be used to verify this.

If you would choose the “aus” you would disable all CC-ID errors from 513 to 576, potentially supressing more errors than you would like to.

Example FF in binary representation is
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

DF is
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1

And you can guess
That is
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

If you would like to turn off error 513

The start of the series would need to look like

0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 . …

If you want to turn off 514, it should look like
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 …

If you want to turn off both it would look like
0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 …

Using this site you can convert hex to binary and vice versa:
https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/...ry-to-hex.html

Meaning if you would like to disable 513 and 514 you need to fill in

[3F, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF]

Last edited by mrpingu; 03-07-2024 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 11:59 PM   #90
limsheng
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Maybe I can try choose the “aus” and see how it goes ?
Other than that I still can’t figure out how to pinpoint the error for “secure vehicle against rolling” code and turn it off.

Or maybe I could try this
[FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, 00, FF, FF]

From the list on the website seems like there is not much error affecting the car other than gearbox malfunction. Time to test it out.

Update : tried and error still pop out

After coding to “aus” the error still pops out. Guess we can rule out the error didn’t come from group 9.

Should I continue testing the rest?
CC-ID 393
CC-ID 394
CC-ID 442
CC-ID 443
CC-ID 557
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 04:16 AM   #91
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limsheng View Post
Other than that I still can’t figure out how to pinpoint the error for “secure vehicle against rolling” code and turn it off.
Yes, you can that but remember that you supress lots of other errors aswell. As it is temporary this is not that of a problem.

Here is a list of CC-ID:
http://mr-fix.info/bmw-cc-id-codes-fault-warning-messages/

If you have ISTA you can find out CC-ID aswell. See also post below
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
Yes it is possible I think Atleast for the cluster, the same way you can code you out the SOS malfunction

Does anybody happen to have the CC-ID from this error?

It can be either:

CC-ID 393 Gear Selector Position
CC-ID 394 Gear Selector Lever
CC-ID 442 Vehicle may Roll Away
CC-ID 443 Vehicle Rolling Away
CC-ID 557 Rolling Possible, Secure Vehicle

It's possible to disable every error in the Kombi using the CC_AKTIEVIERUNG_x entries in the Kombi ECU.

Only need to calculate for every CC-ID new values. Anyone still experiencing this now; could you read out the car with ISTA+ (or tool32) and copy the correct CC-ID relating to this error?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 01:15 AM   #92
j8oyj
Registered
Australia
Rep

repair service in Sydney, Australia

Check out - www.bmsense.com.au who offer a repair service for the secure vehicle against rolling transmission error
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 04:29 AM   #93
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Or maybe I could try this
[FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, 00, FF, FF]

From the list on the website seems like there is not much error affecting the car other than gearbox malfunction. Time to test it out.

Update : tried and error still pop out

After coding to “aus” the error still pops out. Guess we can rule out the error didn’t come from group 9.

Should I continue testing the rest?
CC-ID 393
CC-ID 394
CC-ID 442
CC-ID 443
CC-ID 557
You can continu to test yes if you want, i posted above which number are in which Group. As I don’t have the error present I don’t really know the exact CC-ID and thus hard to make a targeted solution that works.

The best solution is still to Replace the spring
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 03:59 AM   #94
BlueMeetsWhite
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Various BMW

The fact is that coding does not remove the fault. And unfortunately, when you come to sell the vehicle most buyers and dealers now plug in diagnostic tools and will see the fault. Get the spring changed, it just makes a lot more sense -- and it is safer!

I offer coding and programming on BMW and MINI for certain things, but anything safety related and I just won't do it. So for this fault, I will only replace the spring. If you're in UK and need this repair then www.securevehicleagainstrolling.com
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 04:33 AM   #95
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMeetsWhite View Post
The fact is that coding does not remove the fault. And unfortunately, when you come to sell the vehicle most buyers and dealers now plug in diagnostic tools and will see the fault. Get the spring changed, it just makes a lot more sense -- and it is safer!

I offer coding and programming on BMW and MINI for certain things, but anything safety related and I just won't do it. So for this fault, I will only replace the spring. If you're in UK and need this repair then www.securevehicleagainstrolling.com
Is this an ad?

Yes it only surpresses the issue in cluster and iDrive, perfect as temporary solution while waiting to spring to come and waiting to install. I said the word temporary several times
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 04:18 PM   #96
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48

I have fixed tons of X1s and 2 series in London. Running with the broken spring is not a safety issue. You will not fail an MOT either.
I had people asking me about this and I honestly answered them rather then milking them.
Car simply does not understand it is in park, thats all it is.
On top of the annoyance at every start or switch off engine.
Also it does not decrease the car value dramatically. Surely not thousands if the repair itself costs 1200 at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 07:30 AM   #97
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Really appreciate the shared YouTube video I just follow what he did and get the job done on my Sunday relaxing morning !
Although I’d like to explore on the cc id disable codes but I just fell asleep reading the codes and descriptions. But again it would be nice to learn all that.
No more warning message. So happy today.
On side note I just realized it was a glass tube magnetic contact switch that giving the P signal . I used to buy one of those switch for auto light on cabinet doors lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 10:24 PM   #98
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
The P light on gear knob not lit after all the works. No errors or anything. Everything works fine.
Sort of glad anyways because the hazard button light and the P light always on even when locked until the car goes to sleep.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 05:45 AM   #99
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The P light on gear knob not lit after all the works. No errors or anything. Everything works fine.
Sort of glad anyways because the hazard button light and the P light always on even when locked until the car goes to sleep.
Lose contact or damaged wire.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2024, 02:48 PM   #100
BlueMeetsWhite
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinco000 View Post
I have fixed tons of X1s and 2 series in London. Running with the broken spring is not a safety issue. You will not fail an MOT either.
I had people asking me about this and I honestly answered them rather then milking them.
Car simply does not understand it is in park, thats all it is.
On top of the annoyance at every start or switch off engine.
Also it does not decrease the car value dramatically. Surely not thousands if the repair itself costs 1200 at the dealership.
I have repaired over 400 of these on BMW and MINI, as well as working as a BMW independent on a whole load of other stuff.

Fact is - most customers having this repair are either sick of the noises or are selling, and the dealer they are p/x ing the car with or selling the car to has automatically deducted around £1500 from the value of the car. Because the dealers don't understand the issue and associate it with gearbox faults.

I don't milk them either - simply give customers ALL the facts to make up their own mind. We always tell them it shouldn't be an MOT fail, yet customers have come to us having failed an MOT (incorrectly) and thus need it repaired in a hurry.

Poor adjustment or damage to the linkage to the gearbox, does make it possible for the gearbox to be misaligned with the position of the selector. Simply why manufacturers put a belt and braces double check on the position of the selector as well as the gearbox. And whilst, the chances are very slim -- the reason we won't code out this problem is it is possible. People have been hurt or killed by rolling cars and the reason all manufacturers do everything they can to try and stop it happening.

Plus the fault remains in the EGS - so when folks are selling the vehicle and somebody plugs in the diagnostic ... the fault is still there. Most of my customers don't want that. They want the issue resolved correctly.

I've no problem coding out bulb warnings but some things - it just isn't worth doing, when you can change the spring so easily. No having to recode the vehicle the next time the software is updated either.

The customers speak for themselves.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 02:50 PM   #101
BlueMeetsWhite
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Really appreciate the shared YouTube video I just follow what he did and get the job done on my Sunday relaxing morning !
Although I’d like to explore on the cc id disable codes but I just fell asleep reading the codes and descriptions. But again it would be nice to learn all that.
No more warning message. So happy today.
On side note I just realized it was a glass tube magnetic contact switch that giving the P signal . I used to buy one of those switch for auto light on cabinet doors lol.
Tends to be the LED failing on the board. You can split it and solder in a new LED if you are in the mood! Quite a common thing on other models - owners like changing the colours
Appreciate 2
mrpingu180.50
      03-28-2024, 10:33 AM   #102
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMeetsWhite View Post
Tends to be the LED failing on the board. You can split it and solder in a new LED if you are in the mood! Quite a common thing on other models - owners like changing the colours
12V led I assume? I did bought some of those white led years ago, better search my dusty boxes haha

Not the kind of led I had in mind. Well, closed it up and one less light up after I lock the car also made my day!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 06:46 PM   #103
Abalakay
Rep
Drives: 2017 Estoril F48 X1

Still Not a Recall - Potentially on Purpose?

Is this still not a recall for the F48 X1? And if not, how is this legal and/or acceptable to be such a known and repeated problem not recognized by the manufacturer?

Is there a possibility that BMW - IS - aware and are choosing not to address the issue because they themselves are profiting $2,000-$3,000 on each of these that they either fix or offer less on trade in for?

This is a serious question, is there a larger issue here that may warrant a class action lawsuit?

Very serious about this, if there are any internal communications about this repeated issue it could be serious damages against BMW
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 06:54 PM   #104
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abalakay View Post
Is this still not a recall for the F48 X1? And if not, how is this legal and/or acceptable to be such a known and repeated problem not recognized by the manufacturer?

Is there a possibility that BMW - IS - aware and are choosing not to address the issue because they themselves are profiting $2,000-$3,000 on each of these that they either fix or offer less on trade in for?

This is a serious question, is there a larger issue here that may warrant a class action lawsuit?

Very serious about this, if there are any internal communications about this repeated issue it could be serious damages against BMW
bmw does not care. the problem is not widespread enough for any type of recall and even if you complain, nothing will be done.

there is no reported accident and/or injury because of this. they are more than happy to make you pay $2k for a $10 spring fix. unless there are many reported accidents or even serious injuries, we are forced to deal with it and move on.

good luck trying to get anywhere because you are simply just wasting your time.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 10:17 PM   #105
Abalakay
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersbud View Post
bmw does not care. the problem is not widespread enough for any type of recall and even if you complain, nothing will be done.

there is no reported accident and/or injury because of this. they are more than happy to make you pay $2k for a $10 spring fix. unless there are many reported accidents or even serious injuries, we are forced to deal with it and move on.

good luck trying to get anywhere because you are simply just wasting your time.

What did you end up doing about it, did you order the spring and do the fix?

I've read a few have turned the message off with BimmerLink and it's stayed off, I've heard some people did this and it turned back on, and some did the turn off but the main issue gets retained when scanned in the future

It seems extremely sketchy that this error shows up exactly when the car comes off of warranty, from the manufacturer who offers a cheap "oil change and issue inspection" service for cars that's only available AFTER the warranty expires and issues like this arise

Also this thread is proof that the repairs are extremely profitable considering how far people are willing to travel to do/get this fix done

There's been an entire website made because of the profitability of this, literally www.securevehicleagainstrolling.com

This needs to be brought to BMWs attention without just saying "we're screwed and they don't care" that's not ok

This coming from a company that recently tried to charge a monthly subscription to turn seat warmers on
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 10:22 PM   #106
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What did you end up doing about it, did you order the spring and do the fix?

I've read a few have turned the message off with BimmerLink and it's stayed off, I've heard some people did this and it turned back on, and some did the turn off but the main issue gets retained when scanned in the future

It seems extremely sketchy that this error shows up exactly when the car comes off of warranty, from the manufacturer who offers a cheap "oil change and issue inspection" service for cars that's only available AFTER the warranty expires and issues like this arise

Also this thread is proof that the repairs are extremely profitable considering how far people are willing to travel to do/get this fix done

There's been an entire website made because of the profitability of this, literally www.securevehicleagainstrolling.com

This needs to be brought to BMWs attention without just saying "we're screwed and they don't care" that's not ok
ive actually have not had the problem, so i guess i’m a lucky one but i’m only at 57k (2016). If or/when i do have the problem, i’m simply going to buy the spring and do the replacement myself as it does not see that hard to do, just time consuming but with the YT video with the steps needed for the repair, looks easy enough to follow.

I do agree BMW needs to do something about this but i highly doubt they will do anything.

Same with the motor mounts - that is another common problem but that’ll never get a recall either. Welcome to the bimmer world - we just have to deal with these poor design flaws.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 10:43 PM   #107
Abalakay
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersbud View Post
ive actually have not had the problem, so i guess i’m a lucky one but i’m only at 57k (2016). If or/when i do have the problem, i’m simply going to buy the spring and do the replacement myself as it does not see that hard to do, just time consuming but with the YT video with the steps needed for the repair, looks easy enough to follow.

I do agree BMW needs to do something about this but i highly doubt they will do anything.

Same with the motor mounts - that is another common problem but that’ll never get a recall either. Welcome to the bimmer world - we just have to deal with these poor design flaws.

Honestly this is a terrible attitude to have and position to take publicly especially as an BMW customer in this thread, you shouldn't be on the side of BMW not caring, the expense being on the consumers for manufacturer mistakes, and that just being something we need to accept

That was the entire point of my post, no we don't need to accept that because it isn't acceptable

If a suit can be brought and similar price gouging policies to the heated seat subscription (but in this case a potential safety risk and design/materials flaw) this can be very costly to BMW

Like Boeing or Apple have recently experienced (unless of course people like you roll over and say things like you just have)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 07:07 AM   #108
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Honestly this is a terrible attitude to have and position to take publicly especially as an BMW customer in this thread, you shouldn't be on the side of BMW not caring, the expense being on the consumers for manufacturer mistakes, and that just being something we need to accept

That was the entire point of my post, no we don't need to accept that because it isn't acceptable

If a suit can be brought and similar price gouging policies to the heated seat subscription (but in this case a potential safety risk and design/materials flaw) this can be very costly to BMW

Like Boeing or Apple have recently experienced (unless of course people like you roll over and say things like you just have)
terrible attitude to have? sorry buddy, but i am not going to waste my time fighting something that is unwinable. You are more than welcomed to waste your time. i’ll fix the problem myself instead of complaining.

as i have stated, there have been no accidents, injuries or anything in regards to this issue, so why would BMW care to have a recall because you want them to? sell your x1 and move on if you are unhappy.

good luck - but please don’t come to a forum complaining about a poor design when every other car company has similiar problems with their own cars and then expect everyone to jump onboard with your own complaining.

the problem is easily fixable and takes a few hours - i’ll fix myself if/when it happens instead of getting nowhere with BMW but good luck to you. each to their own.
Appreciate 2
wcs2229170.50
Logical212.50
      04-18-2024, 09:46 PM   #109
Logical
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

I drive it. Ignore the errors for 3 years. Its a automatic tranny. Have a good day
2015 F86 X6 M (Retired)
2014 F10 M5 (Retired)
2010 E70 X5 M (Retired), 2010 E92 M3 MT (Retired)
2006 E60 M5 (Retired), 2000 E39 M5 MT (Retired)
1999 E39 328i (Retired), 1995 525i (Retired)
1987 325i (Totaled - that was fun!)
Appreciate 2
Homersbud202.00
wcs2229170.50
      04-20-2024, 12:14 AM   #110
Abalakay
Rep

I followed the video and did the fix, of course it worked no problem got rid of the warning completely. Didn't even need to remove the errors after.

I didn't buy a new spring, just unwound one ring of the old one, as soon as the car restarted the warning was gone.

Very upset BMW doesn't care to do a recall on this or even offer to do it for anyone who wants it. This will almost certainly be my last BMW ever, I'm done.
Appreciate 0