BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Center speaker installation - Base audio EU

12-17-2023, 08:20 AM   #45
limsheng
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Oh.. so that’s where the wires are tapped. Would be better if joint to front speakers wires as it would be less chaotic when adjusting front/rear balance level.
I got ghosted from a seller although confirmed with him few months back to buy the center speakers and door trim tweeters.
Where did you get your center speakers from?
And what mods are you carrying out on your 2020 model?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 01:36 AM   #46
esaru
Rep
Drives: x3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanlmjohn View Post
Hey guys,

i am new to the forum, usually reading and getting information for the mod I plan to do on my F48 X1 2021. In case anyone still want to add Center speaker or tweeter on the base model, here are some useful wire mapping on the main plug as described in the Chinese video from limsheng. The white red and white brown essentially are the +&-ve output from Head unit (HU) to rear right speaker RR (i.e. pin 1 and 5 of the main plug mapping shown in one of the uploaded photos)

For the spare speaker cable (Black/white & black purple) found at the empty slot, no signal at all and it doesn't connected to the HU. I originally planned to trace the other end of that spare cable and hopefully make use of it but haven't done so.

So, i finally followed what the Chinese video suggested, connecting extra cables to the HU via sharing signal from pin 1 & 5, as shown in one of the photos. The final setup looks good aesthetically but may not be so for the overall sound stage since that is just a shared channel with the RR. Two questions left unanswered: 1. Without adding any amp or complicated rewiring works, which channel should we use for the Center speaker for the best result (as you can just join one of the four channel FL, FR, RL and RR) and 2. Where does that spare cable connected on the other end. Hope someone could shed some light on these. Thanks!
What about the case when you add a separate amp/dsp. Could you not wire the center directly instead of to the original HU?
Appreciate 0