BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) M-Sport Suspension Deletion with EDC/DDC

07-29-2016, 05:29 PM   #1
thespido
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20D M Sport

Question M-Sport Suspension Deletion with EDC/DDC

I'm still in the process of building my X1 spec based on the M-Sport option.

I'd like to delete the M-Sport suspension and add the Electronic Damping Control [EDC/DDC] option, but I've been advised by my sales rep that this isn't possible: I need to choose between the deletion of the M-Sport suspension OR the addition of EDC/DDC.

The web UK configuration tool seems quite happy with deleting the M-Sport suspension and adding EDC. Does anyone have experience of this configuration? Is it possible?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
thespido
United Kingdom
Rep

Angry

D'oh! After closer inspection, M-Sport suspension deletion and addition of EDC are mutually exclusive (for UK-spec F48), unless anyone has any other input...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 05:53 PM   #3
MrTracey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive20i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespido View Post
I'm still in the process of building my X1 spec based on the M-Sport option.

I'd like to delete the M-Sport suspension and add the Electronic Damping Control [EDC/DDC] option, but I've been advised by my sales rep that this isn't possible: I need to choose between the deletion of the M-Sport suspension OR the addition of EDC/DDC.

The web UK configuration tool seems quite happy with deleting the M-Sport suspension and adding EDC. Does anyone have experience of this configuration? Is it possible?
M-sport suspension and EDC are mutually exclusive, that is you can have one or the other, but not both.
So, selecting EDC effectively deletes M-Sport suspension , which is what you want.
I've also done this on my X1 M-Sport order.

Last edited by MrTracey; 07-29-2016 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2016, 01:49 AM   #4
Ed_rx7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 CP

As have I ........ Best of both worlds
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2016, 03:03 PM   #5
thespido
United Kingdom
Rep

It'd be nice if BMW made available more details of exactly what each option entailed over and above the standard marketing gumph, particularly for first-time BMWers like me. But thanks to MrTracey and Ed_rx7 for the clarification. My order has been submitted now so there's no turning back.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
Ed_rx7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 CP

You have until production confirmation to make any changes..... Just let your SA know
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 04:29 PM   #7
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespido View Post
It'd be nice if BMW made available more details of exactly what each option entailed over and above the standard marketing gumph, particularly for first-time BMWers like me. But thanks to MrTracey and Ed_rx7 for the clarification. My order has been submitted now so there's no turning back.
The Price List and Standard Specification PDF documents can be downloaded from the BMW X1 web site and this lists exactly what you get as standard with each model (the Standard Specification PDF) and the Price List shows what options are permissible with others, and also what's included with the different models and what's extra. HTH!
Appreciate 0