BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) I had my test drive and I changed my order :)

04-12-2016, 09:00 AM   #1
hanizh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F48 X1 (ordered)

I had my test drive and I changed my order :)

Hi guys,
I had my test drive on 20i Sdrive X line.
It drives great, it was quite ride (the test drive was on None- RFT) but what bothered me the most was the beige color is catching dirt and the seats are not comfortable!

I changed my order to Sport line with black interior and sports seats.
Even though the beige make the interior feel larger but I'm very afraid I will be disappointed from the visible dirt

Hope I made the right decision !

Here are some pictures from the test drive[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Keep in mind that all black interior is "all black". I had it I'n my f30 and it gets boring.
      04-12-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
hanizh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80
Keep in mind that all black interior is "all black". I had it I'n my f30 and it gets boring.
I had it in my previous F30 , I liked it with time even though it is a bit dark, I'm very afraid to be frustrated from the visible dirt :
[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 10:39 AM   #4
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20D xLine

Don't think visible dirt will be a problem with beige (Which is what I've got).

I had my last car with beige cloth for 5 years, and even with a dog it took very little cleaning to look pristine.

My X1 has leather which just wipes clean unlike cloth, and has black most places that will come in contact with feet (Unless you're very athletic and/or adventurous ).
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #5
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i xDrive Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanizh View Post
. . . what bothered me the most was the beige color is catching dirt and the seats are not comfortable!

Even though the beige make the interior feel larger but I'm very afraid I will be disappointed from the visible dirt

I think you made a very wise decision. Beige is an attractive color, but does not belong on so many surfaces -- especially the door handles, which will be permanently filthy in no time. Using more black, as on the oyster & black version, makes a lot more sense for looking clean.

Of course, the sport seats are almost mandatory because the standard seats are so horrible.

And if you like the black leather, don't worry about getting bored with it. I have been driving BMWs with an "all black" interior for over 20 years and am not bored yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #6
hanizh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogit
Don't think visible dirt will be a problem with beige (Which is what I've got).

I had my last car with beige cloth for 5 years, and even with a dog it took very little cleaning to look pristine.

My X1 has leather which just wipes clean unlike cloth, and has black most places that will come in contact with feet (Unless you're very athletic and/or adventurous ).
Good to hear that but still the standard seats are not good , too small.. I drove the car for 30 minutes and the seats felt small and less comfortable than expected
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #7
hanizh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okolisr
Quote:
. . . what bothered me the most was the beige color is catching dirt and the seats are not comfortable!

I think you made a very wise decision. Beige is an attractive color, but does not belong on so many surfaces -- especially the door handles, which will be permanently filthy in no time. Using more black, as on the oyster & black version, makes a lot more sense for looking clean.

Of course, the sport seats are almost mandatory because the standard seats are so horrible.

And if you like the black leather, don't worry about getting bored with it. I have been driving BMWs with an "all black" interior for over 20 years and am not bored yet.
I'm glad to hear that, I completely agree with you and I'm happy for my decision although I will need to wait a bit more
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 03:17 PM   #8
Kevinx1
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW E 84 X1 M Sport

You made a good choice in my opinion. I also ordered all black interior with anthracite roof liner. I never tire of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:36 AM   #9
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

I am not sure if you can still change it, but if you want a light interior without the cleaning issues you should go for the Oyster. I have it with anthracite roof liner in my X1.
It has been very easy to keep clean so far and I think it looks great
You can see my X1 on 'Post pics of your X1'
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:50 AM   #10
hanizh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20/F48
I am not sure if you can still change it, but if you want a light interior without the cleaning issues you should go for the Oyster. I have it with anthracite roof liner in my X1.
It has been very easy to keep clean so far and I think it looks great
You can see my X1 on 'Post pics of your X1'
In Israel we do not have the oyster option at all, no real leather, only black and beige dummy leader
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:57 AM   #11
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
In Israel we do not have the oyster option at all, no real leather, only black and beige dummy leader
Shame I've gone for Mocha as its lighter than black, provides some contrast but should still be simple to care for. Having said that black looks great, it just that our last 5 BMW's have all had black leather so I wanted something different this time around....
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:59 AM   #12
hanizh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast
Quote:
Shame I've gone for Mocha as its lighter than black, provides some contrast but should still be simple to care for. Having said that black looks great, it just that our last 5 BMW's have all had black leather so I wanted something different this time around....
Mocha is the color I would go with if I have the option ?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 03:43 AM   #13
smv
Private
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25D Xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys,
It drives great, it was quite ride (the test drive was on None- RFT) but what bothered me the most was the beige color is catching dirt and the seats are not comfortable!

Hi Hanizh, I was wondering, you mention the test drive car had no-RFTs, yet in the pictures it shows wearing the 19" wheels. Was a test car from a dealer or a someone who owns it already? Do you recall what non-RFT tyres the car had by any chance?.. Thnx in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 05:54 AM   #14
hanizh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smv
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

Hi Hanizh, I was wondering, you mention the test drive car had no-RFTs, yet in the pictures it shows wearing the 19" wheels. Was a test car from a dealer or a someone who owns it already? Do you recall what non-RFT tyres the car had by any chance?.. Thnx in advance.
It is from the dealer, he had 19 non RFT, I do not recall the brand sorry
My order is same wheels but RFT, I want to save the space in the trunk
Appreciate 0