BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) X1 F48 UK Power and Amp Install

05-07-2024, 06:42 AM   #1
paulome
Rep
Drives: X1

X1 F48 UK Power and Amp Install

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've watched endless YouTube videos and scoured the internets.

So I have already swapped all the speakers in my base audio X1 to audison and that makes a huge difference. The next step is to add an Amp because the head unit really can't drive the speakers that well.

So I am working out what the best way of getting power to the amp is.

So I've seen people go from the battery through the bulkhead to the boot and use a ground there in the boot. On top of the battery is what looks like something that could take a power connection but I don't know if this is the case for UK X1

I am aware there is an actual fusebox in the car and for a pre built hifi there would be a fuse here. I don't know whether I should be pulling power from that (but it also looks very very difficult to access)

I also note that the boot of the car has power with the 12v lighter and it's my understanding that is a 20amp connection from the fusebox. This would be the path of least resistance but I've not read anyone using this - so there's probably something very wrong with it

The rest of the wiring would be the looms from Audison from the head and the seats so that should be okay.

It's the power I'm most concerned with, not something I've messed with before.

In fact is there such a thing as a mobile installer who could do this for me? There's no one locally that can do it that I've found and I just want the install - I'll do the calibration and set up...

cheers
Paul
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 11:09 AM   #2
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

You posted this in X2/F39, which is significantly different from your X1 electrically. You may want to move it to the X1/F48 forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 02:13 AM   #3
paulome
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by //TMT View Post
You posted this in X2/F39, which is significantly different from your X1 electrically. You may want to move it to the X1/F48 forum.
Yes, I have no idea where my brain was posting that. I have added one to the other forum but I cannot see anyway to delete this.

Thanks for replying, really appreciate it

cheers
Paul
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 02:37 AM   #4
mrpingu
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by //TMT View Post
It is not, x1/x2 are in a lot of areas the same, actually especially electrically. But the F48 forum is better yeah…

I would use fusebox, get yourself double leaf spring conacts and a fuse and take power from there. Cleanest and OEM way saved yourself going through the firewall. Just take note on which Terminal you need it to be plugged in.

Look up an thread I posted called Fuseguide F48:
https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2093840.
Appreciate 0