View Single Post
      06-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #32
Colin DF753
Rep
Drives: X1 xline 20d

Good to see everyone's experience and opinions. I finally went on a long test drive today, in car with 18" non run-flats, sports seats and std suspension - seemed more comfortable, as expected, but by the time I got out my back still ached a bit so I'm beginning to wonder if it might be me rather than the car, I don't think the seats are the problem in my case, I had a bit of time hanging around in the showroom waiting to get the test car ready and was able to compare sport and std seats. Essentially both seats have exactly the same basic geometry and hardness in the base and the back, so should be equally comfortable, providing that is that you have relatively short legs, as I do, and you don't drive very rapidly on twisty roads. So I've decided to keep the car at least a few more months, and then consider buying some new wheels, or changing the car. At the moment X1s seem in short supply, so the only suitable alternative the dealer could offer at the moment, without ordering from the factory would have been an extra £8k - too much if I'm not sure it'll solve the problem. The salespeople I spoke to didn't seem to acknowledge the problem with 19" wheels + runflat, although as someone mentioned it's widely reported.
Appreciate 0