01-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #104
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
As a former owner of two Porsche's and many BMW I agree that the driving dynamics of ANY Porsche are superior to ANY equivalent current-production BMW. BUT, of late, I've been buying BMW because of the "free" 3 years of regular maintenance. With a "minor" maintenance of about $400 and a "major" maintenance of about $1000 every two years for Porsche, that adds up to almost a $2K difference in favor of the BMW and tips the balance for me. In the early 2000's, I bought M-B, but when they dropped their included maintenance, I left for Porsche and BMW. Incidentally, at a meeting of the local M-B Club shortly after M-B dropped the "free" maintenance, I asked one of the local dealer's Service Manager "why". He said it was the struggle to keep good techs that drove it. The lower reimbursement rate for the included service work really upset the mechanics and they would leave for other make dealers to make more money. I wonder how BMW is managing this?
I’m not sure, but here in the uk we don’t get free maintenance unless we buy an optional package... maybe it’s included in the price in the US or maybe discounts aren’t as big!!
Appreciate 0