01-03-2018, 10:18 AM   #103
ted99
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former i3>330e, 528i>X5>530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozydog View Post
You’d be better off with the Macan! A head to head test I saw recently tested the X4 first and said it was brilliant, but then when the tester got in the Macan he couldn’t believe it was even better to drive (well it is a Porsche) I guess you’ll save money with an X2 although an M35i version will probably be close in price to the 4 pot Macan, and I know which I’d take without a doubt!
As a former owner of two Porsche's and many BMW I agree that the driving dynamics of ANY Porsche are superior to ANY equivalent current-production BMW. BUT, of late, I've been buying BMW because of the "free" 3 years of regular maintenance. With a "minor" maintenance of about $400 and a "major" maintenance of about $1000 every two years for Porsche, that adds up to almost a $2K difference in favor of the BMW and tips the balance for me. In the early 2000's, I bought M-B, but when they dropped their included maintenance, I left for Porsche and BMW. Incidentally, at a meeting of the local M-B Club shortly after M-B dropped the "free" maintenance, I asked one of the local dealer's Service Manager "why". He said it was the struggle to keep good techs that drove it. The lower reimbursement rate for the included service work really upset the mechanics and they would leave for other make dealers to make more money. I wonder how BMW is managing this?
Appreciate 0