wcs2229
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 F48 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wermuth View Post
Hi Bcborn59

Thank you very much for the reply and help

I was both lucky and unlucky this weekend. When I disassembled the dashboard I found the wire for the center speaker. I plugged in a HK speaker but there were no signal to it. A bit of measuring with an Ohm-meter found there was no connecting either. So things are not looking good.

My understanding is that the base audio in the EU version don’t even have an amplifier ? So everything is “driven” from the headunit. Do you have any idea on that.

I have upgrade the front doors with HK tweeter and mid-tone. Major difference 👏🏻

The rear doors are with fabric liner so I’m not up for a drilling a hole in fabric. So can it help just updating to HK mid-tone without tweeters ?

All the best, Christian
My understanding is that the base audio has 4 door mid-range speakers and 2 under-seat woofers connected directly to the head unit. Although the wire for a center speaker is there (as part of a common/standard wiring harness), there may not be a port in the head unit to connect it to.

I do not understand how you were testing for that using an ohmmeter, which would send voltage (V) down the wire and measure the current (I) back to calculate the resistance (R) according to R = V/I in ohms. If the wire is not connected to anything, then R would be infinity. If the wire is connected to the head unit, then R may be infinity but the voltage could damage the port.

You may be using a multimeter (or volt-ohm-milliammeter) to try to measure a voltage or current signal, but I do not think many of the inexpensive devices would work for audio frequencies.
Appreciate 1
billqs0.00