Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
At the dealer I noticed they had an X4 M sport which has a similar rear to the X1 so it is obviously a design direction BMW are chasing. It isn't the car's best feature for sure, but I can't say I dislike it. Was a little apprehensive when we went to pick the car up as we hadn't seen one in the flesh and for sure the X line does seem to photograph better. Overall we are both happy we went for the M sport.
I had the same dilemma, however after driving myself mad over this over the last week your pictures helped me come to a decision. For me I was worried about the rear bumper from official pictures and seeing 1 Series with the same treatment. However I can't get over all the plastics on the xdrive, sorry but just looks cheap to me unless you want a darker colour where it's bearable and allows the aluminium accents to stand out. Does nothing for a white car but make it look ungainly imho. Although I'd prefer the traditional rear diffuser as on my F10, it's a design direction BMW are going for. I will go for an M Sport when I hopefully place my order for my wife's new car tomorrow, as the negatives outweigh the positives for me...
It is a good car I am genuinely impressed with it. Whichever model I think that BMW have this car spot on.