09-21-2019, 08:04 AM   #12
kavatski
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 30iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan0880 View Post
I've been researching vehicles for the past few years and nothing really excited me enough to get into a car payment again (no payment is bliss).....but this is SUUUUUUCH a nice vehicle though. Especially with all the options this one has...it's the only vehicle that has got me excited about spending my hard earned money.......we speced out what a similar 2019 would come out to, basically 60K worth of car.... but I'm still just not sure....with the warranty being up in a year, just worried about stuff creeping up as the mileage get's up there...
I get it - I'm a believer in going with a vehicle that you're excited about owning and driving. Still, you have to make your own decision about the cost vs tradeoff of going used vs. something you could get new with a full warranty for the same $30k. Anitber route to consider would be to look at what local BMW dealers have in stock as certified pre-owned vehicles - you might end up paying more but you'd have the comfort of extra CPO warranty on top of any remaining factory coverage. That said, though - as long as the one you buy has factory warranty left I believe you're still allowed to add an extended warranty through BMW, so there's another potential route if you're concerned about repairs.
Appreciate 0