United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post

You said in an earlier post, calling BMW for failing? In what aspect? The fact that they still sell cars very well? Or the fact that the enthusiasts prefer cars that BMW really no longer completely cater towards? Car manufacturers aim at multiple groups of people, not to satisfy a small group of upset online people because they aren't doing it "properly" in their eyes. Benz is also moving towards this direction, a lot of brands are. It is the way it is going to be for the next few years. Get used to it. "Criticizing" them doesn't change the fact that, at the end of the day, we are complaining. You have the right to your own thoughts, and I have my right to call you out on it.

Tell me (...U and whoever else) what's the difference between X2 (...FWD/AWD, AT, 4-cyl hothatch/coupè style) and the many similar models produced by other concurrent carmakers.

Tell me instead (...again U or whoever else) how many RWD, MT, 6-cyl, coupé like M2 there are around.

The former, the X2, makes BMW same as the most other carmakers.
The latter, the M2, makes BMW different than the most other carmakers.
Yep. No difference between the x2 and the other competitors so when my current x1 needs replacing I'll be shopping other brands and in many cases at a lower price point. For me at least, they were differentiated before and I wouldn't shop those other brands. Now that they are similar there is no reason to not shop broader. I've bought all my BMWs fundamentally because of their blend of price, performance, and driving dynamics driven by their 50/50 distribution. This combination kept me captive to the brand. Now I'm not captive. Can't speak for others.
Antares51.50