pbjjj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Dark Olive/Mocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_alnimah View Post
But pretty shitty brakes
I think the X2 interior will be pretty much the same as X1 with maybe additions of new trim options. I think my X1 interior is simple yet modern. It does have some cheap plastic parts but are toward the bottom of the interior. I don't have much complaint about it.

I assume X2 will share brakes with the X1. As an owner of F48 X1 for over 1.5 years, I found the criticism of the brakes surprising. I drove my car on the autobahn and loved the strong brake feel. I definitely feel more confident in bringing my car to a stop than my 2012 F30 that I had.

I was skeptical of FWD-based X-Drive BMW, but I am pleasantly surprised that I like the handling of my X1 much more than the handling of F30, which I found too light and not enough road feel. Neither my F48 or F30 have sport package.

Having said that, I will say while F48 feels solid so far, I worry a little bit about the long-term reliability since I purchased the car. The car doesn't feel as well put together as my F30.

I miss the hydraulic steering of my E87 128i with sport package. It is still the most satisfying car by far that I have owned.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Appreciate 1