View Single Post
      09-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #25
Shonit
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x1 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeso View Post
Occurred to me. I have extended warranty. I first pointed out an issue with the sunroof back in 2019 to BMW dealership. Vehicle was under new car 4 yr warranty. Dealership informed me at that time that the issue was not reproducible!

Shade rarely used.

Warp forward to 5/2022 and sagging issue happening. Now car not under new car warranty but under BMW platinum warranty. With this warranty, this issue is not covered (but would have been covered under new car warranty).

Left a very bad taste in my mouth as issue was reported but dealership could not reproduce!

I file a complaint with NHTSA.

Additionally I contacted BMW North America. They informed me that there was nothing they could do and to try and go back to dealership (something abut being separate entities !).

I contacted dealership and they quoted me $2500.00 for repair!

I am still pursuing this issue, but I will not get it repaired for $2500.00. I will side on removing shade and darkly tinting moon/sun roof glass.
My moonroof blind is sagging. I called my dealler and they said the labor will be almost $2000. What does not make sense to me is that they told me it costs 10 hours to do it and it cost $55/ hours. My math said roughly just about $550 for labor. What else in labor do they charge?
Appreciate 0