View Single Post
      03-17-2024, 07:18 PM   #1
recpippu
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 F48 18d sdrive

Help in identifying an engine part

Hello from down under. I just purchased a 2015 F48 X1 s18d with 80000 km. This is my first European car, The other cars I drive are a Mitsubishi Pajero 4WD and Ford Fiesta. Hope to learn from and contribute to this beatiful forum over the next few years !

So I drove the car ~2000km from the dealer to home and it worked beautiful on highways. Yesterday I had the car on ramps and a detailed check of underbody, and found a part with a bit of oil on it. Checked the partsouq parts catelogue to see if I can identify that part, but in vain. Any help in identifying this part and if this oil leak is a major issue is appreciated. (Not the bottom dripping stains are not wet).

Name:  part 0.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  186.8 KB
Name:  part 1.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  151.2 KB
Name:  part 2.jpg
Size:  320.7 KB

The other issue I am concerned with the car is an occassional sound from front when I hit a pothole or speed breaker at speed. Had a check at the suspension bushes, front suspension bump stops and engine mount ( 2 visible ones) and they seems to be ok.

My brake discs rust overnight, where as the other 2 cars in the garage in the same environments never rust. This rust is probably the cause of a brake noise when braking at slow speed at morning.
Name:  parts 3 wheel.jpg
Size:  113.0 KB
Appreciate 0