View Single Post
      04-04-2023, 01:47 PM   #1
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Battery: 48 or 94? H6 or H7?

This morning I found my 2018 X2 s28i not willing to start. Battery discharge warnings, among others. Having a battery live for just short of 7 years is nothing less than magic for me so I'm going to replace this one.

Costco will sell me a battery for about $185. The catch is that the guy there says there's no point in looking it up because it could be either H6 or H7 despite what his books say. He swears there's a sticker on the door that'll tell me which one to get. I don't remember any battery type decals on the door but ok...

I get home to find my memory was right, there's no battery type decal. Nothing under the hood either. I pulled all the covers off the batter and found the part number was

S: 61219381775
AW : 61217555718

No groups are shown, all I know is its an 80/800 AGM.

I looked in the manual on pg. 280 where the battery info is supposed to be, it states "go to the dealer". Thanks BMW!

So what should I tell the guy at Costco?
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0