United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

BMW X2 (F39) prototype breaks cover!

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW X2 (F39) prototype breaks cover
COMMENTS

Updated October 10, 2017:

The production X2 has now dropped virtually all of its camouflage, except for a few slivers on the front grille and tail lights.

Updated August 9, 2017:

BMW has released official "camouflaged" images of the production X2.

Updated July 12, 2017:

We have added more looks at the X2, showing two different front bumper designs - one resembling the recently revealed patent design, and the other a sportier version, most likely representing two different levels of X2 models. We also finally get the first look at the X2's interior.

Updated June 6, 2017:

The X2 prototype has finally revealed more of its front end, showing a more aggressive look than expected. Revealed are large air intakes featuring strong angled lines to mimic the lines of the Concept X2's front bumper (compare images below). We like that BMW is taking a bold approach to its design! See the new images below.

Updated April 20, 2017:

The BMW X2 has now taken to the Nurburgring for high performance testing (photos below).

Based on our updated BMW model pipeline thread, the F39 X2 will come to the US in sDrive28i, xDrive28i, and xDrive M35i models. The X2 will also receive some interesting options not available on the X1: 19" RFT or 20" non-RFT with M Sport, adaptive suspension (likely as a part of M Sport), Galvanic Gold paint, and Guidance Package.

Updated December 12, 2016:

The X2 prototype has now been spotted undergoing cold weather / winter testing.

Updated November 15, 2016:

Following the reveal of the BMW X2 Concept, the pre-production prototype has now dropped some camouflage. The latest sighting reveals the new grille design (narrower on top than bottom) first previewed on the X2 Concept.

Updated August 15, 2016:

According to Autocar, BMW officials have revealed that the 2017 BMW X2 will be previewed as a concept car at the Paris motor show in late September and sales will begin in the second half of 2017.

Based on our updated BMW model pipeline thread, the F39 X2 will come to the US in sDrive28i, xDrive28i, and xDrive M35i models.

Updated November 6, 2015 with new prototype, in different color and wheels.

The BMW M2 (F39) prototype has been spotted for the first time! The X2 will ride on the X1's UKL platform and will provide a coupe-like alternative to the new X1 (F48) just as the X4 does for the X3 and the X6 does for the X5, which means the X2 will also share an interior with the new X1.

The prototype shows a very low and wide shape - the sportiest shape yet of all of BMW's coupe-styled CUV, and the X2's look is aimed squarely at the Range Rover Evoque with its low roof, high doorline and short overhangs.

Expect the X2 to be offered in the same engine range as the X1 (3 and 4 cylinder models) and in either FWD or xDrive AWD.

It will be produced alongside the new X1 at BMW's Regensburg factory in Germany. The production version is expected to make its debut at the 2017 IAA show in Frankfurt.

BMW X2 Reveals All

BMW X2 at Milan Fashion Week

BMW X2 Revealed in Camo

BMW X2 Shows Different Designs and First Look at Interior

BMW X2 Revealing More Aggressive Styling Than Expected

BMW X2 Hits the Nurburgring - April 20, 2017

BMW X2 Undergoes Cold Climate Testing - December 12, 2016

BMW X2 Prototype Spotted - November 15, 2016

BMW X2 Prototype in new color and wheels

BMW X2 breaks cover

Appreciate 3
1M Tex240.00