View Single Post
      04-08-2024, 10:43 PM   #107
Abalakay
Rep
Drives: 2017 Estoril F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersbud View Post
ive actually have not had the problem, so i guess i’m a lucky one but i’m only at 57k (2016). If or/when i do have the problem, i’m simply going to buy the spring and do the replacement myself as it does not see that hard to do, just time consuming but with the YT video with the steps needed for the repair, looks easy enough to follow.

I do agree BMW needs to do something about this but i highly doubt they will do anything.

Same with the motor mounts - that is another common problem but that’ll never get a recall either. Welcome to the bimmer world - we just have to deal with these poor design flaws.

Honestly this is a terrible attitude to have and position to take publicly especially as an BMW customer in this thread, you shouldn't be on the side of BMW not caring, the expense being on the consumers for manufacturer mistakes, and that just being something we need to accept

That was the entire point of my post, no we don't need to accept that because it isn't acceptable

If a suit can be brought and similar price gouging policies to the heated seat subscription (but in this case a potential safety risk and design/materials flaw) this can be very costly to BMW

Like Boeing or Apple have recently experienced (unless of course people like you roll over and say things like you just have)
Appreciate 0