KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkScotchegg View Post
Thanks for your replies mate.

Am I right in thinking I have to enable high beam assist and traction control every time I get into the car too?

And regarding the stop/start, it never seems to activate, is this due have AC on? Is there something I can do to ensure it works, in my previous car it activated every time I stopped at traffic lights?

I end up having to press 5-6 buttons every time I get in the car!! lol

Thanks in advance.
My bad. I meant high beam assist, not auto headlights. You’d have to press its button every time.

RE traction control, it’s ON by default and turns on again after restart if you manually disable it. All cars manufactured since the 90’s have been like that. Do not mess with it unless you’ve thoroughly read the manual. There is a very good chance that turning it off will also void your insurance if you get into an accident. Please please please read the manual before messing with safety features.

There are only two buttons that are OFF by default, high beam assist and auto wipers. And you won’t need to do anything unless it’s dark and/or wet.

RE auto start/stop, its behaviour is based on battery condition, outside temperature, AC (heating in particular including seats and steering wheel), and driving mode (eco-pro/comfort/sport). It’s ON by default. If the conditions are right, it’ll work.
Appreciate 0