View Single Post
      03-09-2016, 09:28 AM   #34
AMOR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
I'll keep an eye on this when ours arrives but isn't the whole point of D so that the car is slightly more sedate, smooth and in a higher gear...
It's not about gradual or smooth acceleration in the D mode, it's OK in that regard and the Aisin transmission actually behaves as it should on keeping the rev's low and shifting more often. The problem is initial 1.5 second lag from the point you hit the gas to the point when the torque converter actually transfers the force and the car actually starts moving. This delay requires to apply gas in advance when you need to turn quickly in front of traffic and in some other situations. I am confident that such delay is dangerous and irrelevant to a car with a BMW badge.

The good thing is that this issue seems electronic and not mechanical, since shifting to S mode eliminates the problem. I will stop by the dealer when my time allows to ask about this issue. If you also experience this problem in your X1, please do the same. Let's make BMW aware about this.
Appreciate 0