View Single Post
      04-04-2024, 11:44 AM   #3
Raunchyy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
Yes and yes and.. yes.. your call as to what you switch the oil to. I am not an oil aficiando myself and have used different weights with no apparent difference. However, it is a 2021, and in order to keep with the warranty I think I would simply stick with 0w-20 as that is the oil that is currently being used by BMW. The finer line is "BMW approved" oil. Which if you're ordering from FCP euro just stick with the bmw oil. Once it's out of warranty I wouldn't have issues switching to something else. I love liquimoly products myself and have been using them for decades. The funny thing is that I believe it's only the toptec 6600 that is "bmw approved" when you are looking up the fine print, maybe a couple others. But their 5w-30 is technically not the last I checked. I think that's a little bit too crazy myself. On my other "race cars" that burn hotter I've done 5w-40 and other but that's to keep the oil viscosity higher which you might want in florida. At the same time if the car isn't consuming or using oil.. why change?

And yes it's always a full bottle of liquimoly plus a little extra so 5.6 qts is right on.
Thank you for the quick reply! Yeah I am going to just stick with 0w20 with the below link. I looked up the owner's manual and it only says 0w20/30, so I'll just keep it standard. If it was my 440i, I'd chance using something with a different viscosity, but knowing my luck, I'd mess her car up and lose credibility all in one go haha.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...11428593186kt1
Appreciate 0