View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 10:12 PM   #7879
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
We talked about this before but I don't remember what thread it was in. No, I don't remember the Lloyd Thaxton Show but I do remember the Hullabaloo TV show. You know you're getting old when you find you're repeating yourself here on the forum.
I do it all the time. It is part of getting old. I have vivid detail of the past but I just can't remember if I've shared it before. Oh well!

The Hullabaloo Club was started by Dave Hull, a DJ at the time. He did the TV show too. The Hullaboloo was a huge place for bands to play and kids to dance and watch. It was giant compared to Whisky a Go Go, Pandora's Box and the other Sunset Strip clubs farther West. It's other distinction was that it had a revolving stage so one band could be performing while another band was setting being the curtain. When one band was done, the curtain would open and the stage would rotate 180 degrees and the next band was performing it's first song without a break. Nonstop music. It was so much fun.

Bands who performed there: The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, The Turtles, Palace Guard (house band and they were outstanding), Them (with Van Morrison), Dick Dale, The Yardbirds, The Association, and many more.

Last edited by sygazelle; 04-01-2024 at 10:43 PM..
Appreciate 1