View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 07:38 PM   #14
recpippu
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 F48 18d sdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzachicken View Post
For me, it's a persistent hissing you'd typically get at high aux volumes, regardless of my actual stereo volume. When I open/close doors, or turn on the car (anything to trigger the powering of accessories), I get a loud pop through all speakers. I assume it's some resistance of the head unit or amp turning on.
Thank you. So I believe there are two issues

a. The popping noise
b. The hissing noise
My first reaction is some kind of erroneous signal getting into the unit which gets played back through speakers. The hissing noise is generally can come if there is a voltage imbalance or stray signal. ( if you have an Home theatre amplifier at home with RCA inputs, you can increase the volume, touch one of the RCA connectors and hear the noise)

This can be caused by multiple factors
1. Incorrect grounding
2. Incorrect wiring
3. a correct wiring but contacts are not made properly
4. A faulty or poor electronic component

Unfortunately the troubleshooting is difficult and time consuming, especially via a forum. My suggestion ( if possible) is to wire the unit with bare minimum connections , check for the sound, and then add on more and more inputs to it to see where you start getting the hissing noise. (Method of elimination of suspects)

Alternatively if you have access to another similar unit, you can try swapping it ( Which I am sure you would have tried already if you have access)
Appreciate 0