View Single Post
      12-17-2023, 10:07 AM   #16
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Has it really been that poor a performer sales wise? I must admit I never considered it despite being a hard core Holden man. I was cross shopping E92 M3, Mustang and 911 (997) convertibles, the Camaro never came up as an option as I don't like the look of it and the engine is too big/bottom end happy (I wanted to wring something out a bit).
Its not a great convertible or v6/i4 because there are compromises. If you are looking for the highest performance/handling, the 1LE, SS and ZL1 are all excellent cars with outstanding chassis. But that kind of buyer is willing to make a few sacrifices for outright performance. The masses that fund these models…not so much. The sacrifices are not huge to overcome for a performance enthusiast…but there simply aren’t enough by the numbers.

And I agree with above, gen 3 and 4 were pretty bad, euro and Japanese cars were kicking our butt in those days and these were not good, with very few exceptions. I had a gen5 and it was decent. I have the gen6 and it knocks it out of the park for handling and driving experience. Does way better at autoX than it has any right to and its take ford years to equal the handling performance. Chassis dynamics are top notch, but thats all more of a function of modern gm with ats-v/ct5 blackwings, and the competent engineering…rather than camaro lineage…as opposed to something like 911.

Last edited by RM7; 12-17-2023 at 11:04 AM..
Appreciate 0