View Single Post
      10-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #18
JR_1979
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion619 View Post
Awesome setup and makes your X1 unique to stand out. Hope to see it on the road here in SoCal!!! I've been debating 19" or 20" on mine for a long time and after see your setup on 20" it makes me think twice about going originally with 19". However, you also upgraded the suspension at the same time to accommodate the 20" look. Something I have to keep in mind, if I just do wheels/tires only compared to wheels/tires/suspension to get the correct look.

Good job on setup and surely your X1 will stand out here in SoCal
Thanks very much! Yes, right here in Corona, not far from you at all! There's plenty of room for a 20" wheel on the X1, and to still fit a decent tire. I understand some people living where the roads are a mess, but we've got it pretty good here for the most part. I personally didn't notice any loss in ride quality over the OEM wheels and tires.

Upgrading the shocks and struts won't change anything appearance-wise. But the OEM setup is designed for the OEM springs. Generally this means there will be extra shock travel with the shorter springs, which will blow the shocks out in short order. With the X1, the lowering spring options are in the 1 inch range. Not a huge drop, so it may not be as crucial. I've just always been fond of the sportier KONI suspension on BMWs, and since we were already installing new springs, it was just something I was going to do.

But that's why I wanted to post some good pics, the more we have here the better! Glad to hear it's helpful while you're deciding!
Appreciate 0