View Single Post
      09-10-2020, 07:11 PM   #79
lonegun
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCuth View Post
I jest of course... But I've been down the BMW road before and I know that they're great when they work but expensive when they don't. I owned a 1997 328i and a 2003 Mini Cooper S, which in fairness were both longer in the tooth (not extremely high miles, but high enough). Both cost me a lot of money in maintenance, but I also got them both for relatively cheap.

This 2020 X1 is my first "new" BMW (it was a service loaner with low miles). So I'm just hoping that I've got a few years until trouble starts finding me.

I know it's built on a Mini chassis, so technically it's not a full on BMW, but I really love the car overall so far. Now over 300 miles in.
As long as you properly break in the engine before 5000 miles, keep the oils changed every 5000 miles ideally (including transfer case, differentials, and transmissions every few ten thousands miles), it should last a long time based on the reliability reports I've seen. It might be one of the most reliable cars BMW has built in the past 10 years.
Appreciate 1