View Single Post
      02-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

When I bought my xLine back in June 2016 it came with what's described in the standard specification document as "LED ambient lighting in door trim". I opted for the "Driver Comfort" package which included PDC front and rear, "basic" cruise control, and the "Extended Lighting" package, which appears as option code 563 (Light package) on the list of items in my build. It included reading lights above the front and rear seats, LED lighting across the dashboard, lights in the vanity mirrors, footwell welcome lights and lights in the exterior door handles. I really like the look of the interior at night

I'm guessing that most of these are available in the £220 cost option listed on the current X1 build site. Although the current standard specification document (Nov 2017) still lists "LED ambient lighting in door trim" it doesn't mention any other lights.

I don't know which variant (Sport, xLine, M Sport) you are looking at, but it may just be worth getting the dealer to confirm what's "standard" for that variant, and what is now an extra in this £220 package.

I'm sure you've seen the description of the Extended Interior Light option, but here's what they say:

"The atmospheric Ambient lighting contains various LED lights and yields an ambience of pure quality. The driver is welcomed with an impressive “welcome” illumination, a carpet of light in front of the vehicle. Ambient light pleasantly and elegantly lights up the interior with a stylish combination of direct and indirect lights, creating an atmosphere of wellbeing. Lights are located in the vanity mirrors, for example. Front and rear reading lights are also included."

To be honest I really wanted the front and rear Parking Distance Control, and Cruise Control, so the extra lighting was a bonus. I'd consider the Driver Comfort package if I were you, assuming it's still on the current price list?

Last edited by CliveL; 02-17-2018 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0